Redax includes 23 built in patterns to find and mark text for redaction, including Social Security numbers, different date formats, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and more. To see all the available patterns, just go to the Redax menu and select Find Using Pattern. However, if you need a different pattern search than those provided, you [...]
If you manage classified, sensitive, or private information day in and day out, you know firsthand that you need a secure and thorough redaction process that easily, consistently, and securely removes sensitive text and graphics.
Failures to redact can have costly and dangerous consequences not only for organizations but also for the people whose privacy or security they are protecting.
Thousands of Federal, State, and Local government agencies, as well as law firms, corporations, and health organizations; rely on Appligent’s Redax plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat® (Standard or Professional) every day to give the ultimate protection for sensitive information.
Appligent was the first to natively redact PDF documents and holds U.S. Patent No. 7,428,701 on the “method, system and computer program for redaction of material from documents.”
Information removed from PDF files using Redax cannot be recovered. Redax goes beyond Adobe® Acrobat® Professional’s basic redaction capabilities to meet your editors’ and reviewers’ specific workflow needs.
Redax 5.6 works with Adobe Acrobat 8, 9, X and XI on Windows operating systems. It does not work with the free Adobe Reader.
Please click here to view the Redax 5.6 datasheet.
Redax is a registered trademark of Appligent Inc.
If you need centralized automated, document redaction processes on a server—for example to apply redaction criteria to a large number of documents—learn more about Appligent’s Redax Enterprise Server.
- Advanced patterns allow you to automatically find and mark social security numbers (SSN), ZIP codes, international postal codes, US and international phone numbers, credit card numbers, dates, URLs, email addresses and more
- Support for Regular Expressions allowing you to define your own custom pattern searches
- Markup Engine performs ‘Find Using List’ markup up to 30 times faster than older versions of Redax.
- Automatically finds and marks lists of words and phrases for redaction
- Finds words and phrases that break across lines
- Supports Acrobat’s standard text mark-up (highlight, underline and cross out / strikethrough)
- Available Full Page or multi-page redaction options
- Enhanced Redaction Engine
- Automatically preserves the original document
- Safely removes text, graphics and images based on markup
- Redaction from single or multi-page templates
- Appearance of redacted areas is fully customizable
- Optional page consolidation in cases where multiple pages are fully redacted
- Automatic removal of document metadata
- Optionally removes all annotations and bookmarks
- Optionally condense fully redacted pages.
- Redact documents based on assigned categories
- Redact tagged documents.
- Exemption code palettes are fully customizable
- Includes built-in exemption codes for the US Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act
- Optionally place exemption codes at the bottom of the page
- Optionally, use selective “redaction by category” capabilities
Redaction Workflow Automation
- May be integrated with existing document management systems
- Generates redaction reports to facilitate record keeping
- Supports semi-automated and multi-user FOIA and redaction workflows, including in conjunction with Redax Enterprise Server
Enhanced User Interface
- Expanded toolbar and improved user experience
Supporting Operating Systems
Redax 5 is available for Windows and requires an installation of Adobe Acrobat 7, 8, 9, X or XI, Standard or Professional. Redax will not install into the free Adobe Reader. It is not intended to work inside of the Adobe Reader.
See the Redax Users Guide for complete documentation.
How to Buy
Redax single-user pricing starts at $249.00 (USD), and is available for Windows.
A Redax Five (5) Pack is available for $999. This price includes one year of support and maintenance for each license and represents a savings of 33% as compared to the single-user price. Contact us for more information on other volume discounts.
Redax can also be purchased as part of a FOI Bundle that includes one license of Redax and one license of StampPDF for $319.00 (USD). This price includes one year of support and maintenance for each license and represents a savings of 30% as compared to the single user price.
Redax available on NMCI Clin23
Redax is available on NMCI; the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI Clin23). If you are on the NMCI network, please contact your NMCI network representative. If you are unsure of who to contact, please call us and we will put you in touch with HP representatives that can help you.
Section 508 Compliance
Appligent is committed to making its client software accessible to persons with disabilities. Our plug-in software uses Adobe Acrobat as a rendering engine and relies on its feature set for presenting content.
Download Redax from the Appligent Web StoreFree Trial… Buy Redax…
Redax includes a variety of built in patterns to find and mark text for redaction. Standard patterns include Social Security numbers, different date formats, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and more. To see all the available patterns, just go to the Redax menu and select Find Using Pattern. You can choose from a list of 23 [...]Pattern Matching, Redaction, Redax, Remove Information
New, more refined searching, better images and more. Lansdowne, Pennsylvania (PRWEB) December 1, 2011 From security to troubleshooting to support, the new website has all the up-to-date information you need to make the most of Redax and StampPDF. Our move to a new server allows better defined search results to quickly locate answers to your [...]PDF Security, Redaction, Redax, Stamp, StampPDF
Appligent, Inc., the leading enterprise software company dedicated to PDF technology, today announced the immediate availability of version 5 of the Redax plug-in for Adobe Acrobat on Windows. “Redax 5 delivers major enhancements in both document markup and redaction,” says Appligent’s President and COO, Virginia Gavin. “The latest Redax continues our 14-year tradition of providing [...]PDF Markup, Redaction, Redax
Appligent, Inc. www.appligent.com, the leading PDF enterprise software company, today announced the immediate availability of version 3 of its enterprise-class Redax Enterprise Server software for Windows, Linux 32-bit and 64-bit, and Solaris. AIX and HP-UX releases will follow shortly. Existing users of Redax Enterprise Server include over 10 departments of the US Federal government concentrated in intelligence, [...]Pattern Matching, Redaction, Redax
Like many such agencies, the Victorian DHS owns documents ranging from corporate transaction records to child protection cases. From financial and personal details to legal advice and other categories of protected and privileged information, the 1982 Victorian Freedom of Information Act requires the deletion of exempt material from documents prior to any release. “We’ve used [...]Automation, Case Study, FOIA, Freedom of Information Act, Redaction, Stamp